Sam Houston EC Wins Nine National Awards for Communications
Sam Houston Electric Cooperative recently received recognition in the 2016 “Spotlight on Excellence” national awards program, sponsored by the Council of Rural Electric Communicators and the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association.
Sam Houston EC received Gold Awards in the categories of Best Special Publication (2016 Calendar & Member Handbook), Best Annual Report, Best Hard Copy Reinvention (2015 Board of Directors Election), and Best Individual Ad (“I Work for the Queen”).
The Co-op also received Silver Awards for Best External News Publication (Texas Co-op Power local pages), Best Hard Copy Reinvention (2014 Annual Report), Best Wild Card (2016 Calendar & Member Handbook), Best Graphic Design (Operation Round Up Banner Up) and Best Individual Ad (“I’m the Leader of Thousands”).
“We strive to exceed our members’ expectations in everything we do,” said Mary Kate Pedigo, CCC, Sam Houston Electric Cooperative communications specialist. “The Spotlight on Excellence awards program helps us measure our work against cooperatives nationwide; highlighting our strengths in communications as well as areas for growth.”
A special reception honored the award recipients during the CONNECT ‘16 Conference held in Portland, Ore., on May 10. Winning entries were displayed during the event.
The annual Spotlight awards competition recognizes the top-rated communication efforts by electric cooperatives and related organizations. Participants competed with electric cooperatives of similar sizes in 17 categories. Electric cooperative communicators and marketing professionals nationwide submitted nearly 700 entries to the Spotlight on Excellence program.
The Council of Rural Electric Communicators was organized in 1982, and seeks to advance the recognition, education and professionalism of electric cooperative communicators and their affiliated organizations. It is a volunteer association working on behalf of more than 4,000 electric cooperative communicators across the United States.
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, the service organization representing the national interests of electric cooperatives, coordinates the Council’s activities. Other national organizations supporting the work of the Council are the National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, the National Cooperative Services Corporation, and Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange.
- Lives on the Line: #ThankALineman
- mySamHouston Accounts Unavailable on March 2 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Co-op Member Wins ‘Who Powers You’ Contest
- Employees Share Christmas Gifts with Community
- ORU Awards First Grants to Local Nonprofit Organizations
- The #WhoPowersYou Contest: Help Spread Positive Energy
- Important News Regarding Credit Card Payments
- It’s Capital Credit Time Again for Members
- Phone Service Outage Affecting Co-op Calls
- Energy Efficiency in Your Home
- Credit Card Processing Update
- Office Closed on Independence Day, July 4
- Plan for a Safe and Happy Holiday
- Generators: Powering Safely After a Storm
- Colston Earns Professional Engineer License from State of Texas