Board Election Opens May 16
Check your mailbox or your inbox for information on how to vote in the Board Election. Sam Houston Electric Cooperative will once again offer our membership the opportunity to vote for their Board of Directors by either mail-in ballot or online ballot. A quorum of at least 10 percent of our membership represented by ballot is required to elect the Board of Directors. By offering both voting options, we hope it will be easier for our members to take part in this important election.
The Sam Houston EC Board of Directors recommends the choices of the Elections Committee be re-elected. Our members’ vote is requested in favor of these incumbents. No petitions for election were received from the membership, and Mr. W.E. “Ernie” Miles and Mr. Thomas Lucher, both representing District 5, were placed on the ballot.
Members are asked to complete their ballot, either online or by mail, so that it is received by 10 a.m., Monday, June 13, 2016. Members who complete their ballot so it is received by the early bird deadline of June 7 will be entered to win an electric golf cart and other prizes.
The Annual Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 14, 2016. Members are invited to join us at the Polk County College/Commerce Center in Livingston. Doors will open at 12 p.m. for registration, and the meeting will begin at 1:30 p.m.
Click here to read the booklet that accompanied your ballot.
- Employees Share Christmas Gifts with Community
- ORU Awards First Grants to Local Nonprofit Organizations
- The #WhoPowersYou Contest: Help Spread Positive Energy
- Important News Regarding Credit Card Payments
- It’s Capital Credit Time Again for Members
- Phone Service Outage Affecting Co-op Calls
- Energy Efficiency in Your Home
- Credit Card Processing Update
- Office Closed on Independence Day, July 4
- Plan for a Safe and Happy Holiday
- Generators: Powering Safely After a Storm
- Colston Earns Professional Engineer License from State of Texas
- Sam Houston EC Wins Nine National Awards for Communications
- May is Electrical Safety Month
- Board Election Opens May 16