Colston Earns Professional Engineer License from State of Texas
Sam Houston Electric Cooperative Engineer Joel Colston recently earned his professional engineer license from the Texas Board of Professional Engineers.
Colston successfully completed a series of three exams to earn this professional distinction. The first exam covers the fundamentals of engineering, which was followed by an ethics exam. He also had to submit references from three currently licensed professional engineers.
“Pursing my P.E. was important to me, because it gave me a sense of accomplishment,” Colston said. “I also gained knowledge for my use on future Cooperative projects.” Colston orchestrated the 2015 system-wide upgrade of more than 70,000 meters.
After meeting education and experience requirements, as well as passing the first two exams, applicants must get approval from the Texas Board of Professional Engineers to take the final Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam.
“The training our engineers receive in school and on the job makes them uniquely qualified to review our system information constantly and make needed improvements in safety, reliability and value,” said David Bell, Sam Houston Electric Cooperative chief technology officer. “Considering the wealth of experience they have, we are very fortunate here at Sam Houston Electric Cooperative to have this group of knowledgeable individuals working to make our system is the best it can be.”
Colston joins Sam Houston EC Engineers Ryan Brown, Kabe Murphy, John Hargrove and CEO Kyle J. Kuntz, who all hold their P.E. licenses as well.
- Lives on the Line: #ThankALineman
- mySamHouston Accounts Unavailable on March 2 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Co-op Member Wins ‘Who Powers You’ Contest
- Employees Share Christmas Gifts with Community
- ORU Awards First Grants to Local Nonprofit Organizations
- The #WhoPowersYou Contest: Help Spread Positive Energy
- Important News Regarding Credit Card Payments
- It’s Capital Credit Time Again for Members
- Phone Service Outage Affecting Co-op Calls
- Energy Efficiency in Your Home
- Credit Card Processing Update
- Office Closed on Independence Day, July 4
- Plan for a Safe and Happy Holiday
- Generators: Powering Safely After a Storm
- Colston Earns Professional Engineer License from State of Texas