Lives on the Line: #ThankALineman
Every year, we take the time to thank our extraordinary line technicians who dedicate their lives to keeping the lights on in our local communities. More than 50 line technicians maintain 6,000 miles of line in Sam Houston Electric Cooperative’s service territory, and without them, our world would be dark.
We depend on our entire staff to keep Sam Houston EC running smoothly, but on April 10, 2017, we honor all line technicians who often find themselves in dangerous and challenging situations, so our lives may be a little bit brighter and safer every day. These brave men and women repair damaged lines and maintain critical infrastructure for our communities. Without their hard work and commitment to the job, our Co-op would not thrive. No matter the time—day or night, weekday or weekend—if the lights go out, so do they.
Perhaps you have seen them raising their bucket trucks in howling winds and torrential rains, or in freezing, icy conditions. They work around the clock near high-voltage power lines until electricity is restored to every member in our co-op community. In addition to aiding members in our local service territory, line technicians are always willing and eager to volunteer when a neighboring community, county or state is in need after a major outage occurs.
Our line technicians are brave, committed and critical to our success. We hope you will join us in thanking the many line technicians–both locally and around the world–that light our lives. Remember, your power works because they do! Use #ThankALineman on social media to show your support.
- Lives on the Line: #ThankALineman
- mySamHouston Accounts Unavailable on March 2 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Co-op Member Wins ‘Who Powers You’ Contest
- Employees Share Christmas Gifts with Community
- ORU Awards First Grants to Local Nonprofit Organizations
- The #WhoPowersYou Contest: Help Spread Positive Energy
- Important News Regarding Credit Card Payments
- It’s Capital Credit Time Again for Members
- Phone Service Outage Affecting Co-op Calls
- Energy Efficiency in Your Home
- Credit Card Processing Update
- Office Closed on Independence Day, July 4
- Plan for a Safe and Happy Holiday
- Generators: Powering Safely After a Storm
- Colston Earns Professional Engineer License from State of Texas