Storm Update: April 29
Sam Houston Electric Cooperative crews have restored power to more than 35,000 members following the severe storm early Wednesday morning.
“Nearly half of our system was without service following the storm,” Chief Communications Officer Keith Stapleton said. “The high winds caused significant damage to our system and knocked over large trees due to the saturated ground from the recent heavy rains.”
As of 4:50 p.m. Friday, fewer than 600 members are without service. Electrical service in a few areas may not be completely restored until Saturday due to the extensive rebuilding process.
“In many cases, tree-trimming crews are working ahead of the line technicians to safely remove the trees,” Stapleton said. “As trees are removed, the line technicians rebuild lines and restore service to the area.”
Sam Houston EC crews and additional contract crews continue to work throughout the Cooperative’s 10-county service area. Tyler County, one of the hardest hit areas, currently has the greatest number of members without electrical service.
“In the event this weekend’s weather systems cause outages, crews are already scheduled and ready to respond,” Stapleton said. “We appreciate the kindness and patience shown by so many of our members during the restoration.”
Outages by County as of 4:50 p.m. Friday:
Hardin - 49
Jasper - 1
Liberty - 3
Montgomery - 44
Polk - 7
San Jacinto - 36
Tyler - 467
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- Happy Birthday, Sam Houston EC!
- May is National Electrical Safety Month
- Celebrate Earth Day!
- Lives on the Line: #ThankALineman
- mySamHouston Accounts Unavailable on March 2 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Co-op Member Wins ‘Who Powers You’ Contest
- Employees Share Christmas Gifts with Community
- ORU Awards First Grants to Local Nonprofit Organizations
- The #WhoPowersYou Contest: Help Spread Positive Energy
- Important News Regarding Credit Card Payments
- It’s Capital Credit Time Again for Members
- Phone Service Outage Affecting Co-op Calls
- Energy Efficiency in Your Home
- Credit Card Processing Update