Agency Assistance

If you need help with your electric utility payments, financial assistance may be available. For more information, call the social service agency in your county:

Angelina County
Community Action 936-639-4787
Hardin County
Christian Care 409-385-2237
Loving Care Center 409-246-4466
Community Action 800-621-5746
Liberty County
Spirit of Sharing 936-336-6602
Human Services 936-336-7283
Community Action 800-621-5746
Montgomery County
Creative Outreach 936-441-5433
East Montgomery United Way 281-577-8979
Crisis Assistance Center 936-539-9211
Salvation Army 936-760-2440
St. Vincent 936-539-1188
Polk County
Community Action 936-327-3011
Salvation Army 936-328-8240 ext.232
Campaign 300 936-463-1780
San Jacinto County
Community Action 936-653-2342
Trinity County
Community Action 800-621-5746
Tyler County
Woodville Adult Protective Services 409-283-3765
Caring is Sharing 409-283-5800
Tyler County Human Resources 409-886-4338
Tyler County Community Action 409-283-7867
Woodville Human Resources 409-283-3765
Walker County
Community Action 979-595-1199
C.O.M.E. Center 936-295-0671
Brazos Valley Community Action 855-252-1467
Project Unify 936-439-0000

You may obtain additional information by contacting the:

Texas Department of Human Resources
701 West 51st St.
Austin, TX 78752

Public Utility Commission of Texas
7800 Shoal Creek Blvd., Suite 400N
Austin, TX 78757